Thursday 7 February 2013
Construction of Tony Fisher's 7x7x7 V-Sculpture Puzzle Video Clips. Duration : 7.05 Mins.


This is my third 7x7x7 V-Cube transformation. You can see how I sculpted it using a Dremel. No rapid prototyping or moulds were used. This hands on approach is my favourite way of making puzzles. One slip and you know the whole thing will be messed up. If it turns out well though it's very satisfying. It was more difficult than both my 7x7x7 V-Barrel and 7x7x7 V-Ball to shape since I had no rules to follow. You know when you've finished a ball or barrel but only I could decide when this puzzle was finished. In fact you can see in the construction video where I changed my mind and the final creation is somewhat different to what I originally planned. I am very happy with the quality and despite the deep Dremelling it works very well. Rotational movement is pretty smooth though it probably wouldn't stand up to rough treatment. I really did cut it to the absolute limit in places which never helps a puzzle's stability. Because it's symmetrical it maintains it's shape. This makes it less confusing to solve than my 7x7x7 Barrel though possibly more enjoyable since on the Barrel and Ball it can sometimes be frustrating constantly lining up the layers. I have used Rubik's Cube style stickers with each of the 12 'edge' areas coloured differently. See tonyfisherpuzzles.net for photos and more information.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog